Reuse a bicycle wheel to
Older bikes that can not be used anymore can have their parts reused on other bikes and why not for sustainable decoration?
The wheel can serve as raw material to make a new object, useful and ecologically correct that will add a special touch to the decoration of the environment.Even for those who are passionate about bikes.
Eduardo Mendes’s blog Men of the House teaches you how to do step-by-step a creative wall clock using only an old bicycle wheel and other paraphernalia.Check it:
– A bicycle wheel;
– A cassette of gears or gears;
– A clock machine;
– 2 large watch hands;
– A glass spacer (sold in glazing);
– Plastic mass;
– 2 metal discs or aluminum tin bottom or one cardboard disc.
Whoever does not have the wheel can buy it in a bicycle shop.
How to make
1) Clean the wheel well and sand if necessary.Tape one side of the hole with the smaller part of the glass spacer.
2) Use the plastic mass to fill the remaining space.
3) Fill the other side of the hole with plastic mass.
4) Put the larger part of the spacer, sinking it until it has the tip out.This is the side that will hang on the wall.
5) Remove excess glue with a spatula.
6) Let dry for about 30 minutes and on the side that was capped first glue two rubber rings, they will serve as the basis for the first gears.
7) Glue the larger gear and, on it the smaller one.
8) Place the metal circle on top of the smaller gear so the surface is even.
9) To mount the watch,Put two more gears on top of your box, leaving the stem of the pointers in the middle.Drill a hole in one more metal circle and put it on top of everything.
10) Finally, fit the rings, thread the watch kit nut and place the hands. If you prefer, paint them with acrylic paint.
11) Screw the nut coming into the spacer to secure the watch to the wall.
12) Thread the wheel and after attaching it securely, glue the watch to the center.Set the time and you’re done.If you like, stick colored strips of tape to mark the hours.
With information from the blog Men of the House
- Facebook Comments
COMMENTS ARE CLOSED.
09-05-14 – 16:44.
Dude, it’s not that easy to do, I’m with the wheel here at home painted and such but doing the rest I found a bit complicated, you can make it easier to hug.
29-12-14 – 1:50 p.m.
Go to Shubiruba!
See this is missing the pieces.
Cola for metal or structural silicone, to stick the crowns and the metal disc.
Those two rubber rings (black and brown) complicated find this.
1 – place the spacer cap on one side of the hub and fill the spaces with ground.
2 – Place the middle of the spacer on the other side, almost close to the edge of the cube, and send it mass. Put it aside and wait for it to dry.
3 – Keep the spacer core (threaded part).
4 – Glue the two rubber rings on the hub, fitting like a washer, on the same side as the spacer cover. (Smooth part of the spacer). Put it down.
5 – Glue a small crown on top of a large crown, and then glue the metal disc over the small crown, (large crown + small corsa + metal disc), put it aside.
6 – Glue the gear from step 4 on top of the hub, where it is the rubbers and the spacer cap. Perfect boy !!!
7 – Screw the spacer core (threaded part) into the wall where your watch will fit, and thread the ring in it.
8 – Do the same process as in step 5! But now the metal disk has a hole in the middle to be able to thread the stop of the clock machine rsrs.
Screw well and put the hands.Be careful not to hit the pointers, because they twitch and Dad was already, only new ones.If they use warped their watch will live capenga and delayed.
Now comes the problems:
9 – Wow, what’s the catch of the little cat and the tapping of the mouse in front of the cat, kkkkkkkkk.
How to stick the clock machine in the corrode that is glued to the hub of the rim ???
He used 3M’s green double-sided tape. Kkkkkkkkkkkk
Now think with me !!! This machine works the pile and then manolo when to change that bagasse ??? The tape is gone, or the gimmick or the hands will be damaged.
10 – This 3M tape will not support the weight of the nozzle along with the weight of the corroas and the finishing disc (metal disc with hole). Or are you going to kkkkkk!?!?!?!
8 – Have you thought about the force generated by the centrifugal movements ‘pulsing’ of the hands (Hours, Minutes, Seconds), there is no 3M tape that resists Daddy !!!
11 – Buy a bracket and glue it straight to the set in step 6, align perfectly when attaching the set the pointers are right by setting the exact time. If you can not find the holder, make one using the same metal as the disc, fold it into a square C, and hug the machine so that it will not come out with the vibration of the hands.
Oh yes, you can already put the set of step 8 on the stand, and there get rid of the 3M tape and run the risk of damaging your clock Wheels.
12 – To mark the digits (if you like), use post-phosphorescent of varied colors, use chrome tips of car tire, or paint rays 3-6-9-12 of different core. Get inspired too in the Steampunk! Style.
If you still have doubts, let me know that I draw the step-by-step guide.Fuiiiii.
* The comments do not represent the opinion of the Free Ratchet.The responsibility lies with the author of the message.
Wall Clocks for Kids
Bicycle Wheel Wall Clock by Cape Craftsmen 23-1/2 …
FirsTime Bicycle Wheel Wall Clock-50077
Bicycle Wheel Gear Wall Clock
Retro Bicycle Wheel Wall Clock
Bike Wheel Wall Clock Man Cave Gift Industrial Wall Clock
bike wheel clock black rim by vyconic
Large Wall Clock Bicycle Wheel Clock Bicycle Clock Bike
Bicycle Wheel Clock Large Wall Clock Steam by DreamGreatDreams
Large Wall Clock Bicycle Wheel Clock Bicycle by treadandpedals
Bike Wheel Clock Large Wall Clock Bicycle by DreamGreatDreams
Bicycle Wheel Clock Large Wall Clock Steampunk by …
Bike Wheel Clock Cyclist Gift For Men Large Wall Clock
Wall Clock Bicycle Wheel Clock Large Wall by DreamGreatDreams
Recycled Bike Wheel Clock Transforms Wall’s Styling – Cube …
12 of the best clocks: Turn back time on Sunday 25th October
Bicycle Wheel Clocks
Bicycle Wheel Clock Wall Clock Bicycle Wall by …
Bike Wheel Clock Bicycle Wall Clock Large Wall Clock
Bicycle Wheel Wall Clock